Sunday 7 January 2007

Passion and Intellect

Passion and Intellect met on the shore,
Said Passion to Intellect: I always want more!
Replied Intellect to Passion: Of that, there's no doubt.
Answered Passion, abashedly: There's no need to shout.

© GB 2000
This is a little rhyme I wrote a few years ago where I tried to sum up my constant (Freudian?) struggle for some kind of equilibrium in my life. It smacks a bit of adolescent angst, but I still like the playfulness of the rhyme and its slow and steady rhythm. In hindsight, I can't help but feel that there's something of a Victorian repression going on here.

4 comments:

Wendell Dryden said...

Will be stopping by to what site develop. Just one comment (feel Free to Ignore!!!) - I find the light text / dark background makes it hard hard to read closely. And poetry should be closely read. Consider trying out some other blogger templates before you get to invested in this one. Or not. It's your blog. :)

Wendell Dryden said...

Ack.. "to what site develop" There's a poetic control of language for you!
~ On another note, I see you don't have your "comment moderation" setting turned on. Hmmmm, says I. you could read about my experience here http://wendell-communitylit.blogspot.com/2007/01/comment-moderation.html
Or, you could just go turn it on.
~ Last, but not least, consider the "Mybloglog" tool (the link's quickly turned up via google or yahoo). It gives you a sense of your readership and - thus far - doesn't lead to wretched spam, stalking, adware, etc.

Best regards!

Gino Brignoli said...

Hi wendell. Thanks for all of your comments - they are greatly appreciated! Please keep your feedback coming. g

X Posao said...

Not a poetry fan myself, I must admit liking those rhymes. Intriguing vocabulary, my friend. Pay a visit to one (also) intriguing community website: The Land of Intellect. You may like it.